SketchPaddys is the weekly sketch blog of comics artists Robert Carey, Cormac Hughes, Graeme Howard, Kevin Weldon, Monty Borror, Rob Moran, Peter Mason and Naomi Bolger.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday: Iron Man

Welcome to Sketch Paddys, the weekly sketch blog of aspiring comics artists Cormac Hughes, Robert Carey and myself.

Taking our lead from the guys over at Eclectic Micks, we've decided to post a sketch every week. I'll post on Mondays, Rob will post on Wednesdays and Cormac will post on Fridays.

Here's the twist: on the day I post my sketch, I'll challenge Rob to draw a subject of my choosing. When Rob posts on Wednesday he'll decide what Cormac is drawing... and on Friday Cormac will set the subject of my sketch. That's the plan anyway.

To get the ball rolling, the lads asked me to draw Iron Man.


So, let the games begin. Rob, you're mission for Wednesday, should you choose to accept it, is 'Robocop'. From Iron Man to Robocop... it seemed a like a logical step. Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. where the f@ck did this come from.
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fecken robocop.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's on like Donkey Kong.
    That looks great man, the pose
    rocks and legs look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair play lads, although it's kinda scary we gave anyone ideas of any kind. Good luck with it.

    CiarĂ¡n; that is a brilliant Iron Man.

    Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ?! Declan, seriously, that was too fast. I was only telling the lads that I wanted to keep the blog quiet until we get going for a couple of weeks and build up a body of work... and now that you know... it's ruined. RUINED.

    (cheers by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always too fast. That's what the ladies say at least.

    No worries, i'll keep this on the down-low for a couple o' weeks.

    ReplyDelete